Monday, December 27, 2010

remember when a year ago felt like a really long time?

remember when running and singing and screaming was the only thing to fix the hurt?
do you remember when the pain was stronger than your pulse?
those nights you wanted to cut it away
sign away your life in deep crimson.

I can remember those days
the ones when I got hurt more than i could count
and every once in awhile i would be destroyed by liars
you promised to always be there
to never hurt me
I hope karma never forgets your name
because baby, you hurt me
bad.

remember the little white moth I saved?
I remember the time you flipped your truck
I never got to know you well enough
and it's pathetic
but I miss you

when we learned "my heart will go on" on the recorder
it meant a lot to me
but the marks on my arm spoke louder than any word that could ever come out of your mouth
you hurt me
you molested my hopes and dreams
and tore my porcelain future apart
do you remember me?
I can never forget you
your height
your eyes
the things your fingers told me
and the things mine did to recreate you
I lived in fear
always in fear
you broke it
the line that kept me tied to life
the life support from trust and honesty and good judgement
its never too late to say you're sorry

I called
I texted
I messaged
I met you in person
and to everyone I might have ever hurt, I told them I was sorry
and they either shrugged, or forgave me
and it was scary
but it is never
ever
too late
as long as you're heart is still beating, keep your lips moving
say what you mind wants you to
make love to the darkness
weep to the sun

and never forget to say you're sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment