Thursday, October 21, 2010

Lackluster and full of contempt

When it always ends the same

I want to bite into food that makes me cry
I want to talk until my mouth waters and flows into the ocean
I want to spin and spin and spoon and scream
I want to feel like I'm alive, for the first time in weeks.

I don't want to have this numb, beating feeling in my head like everything that we stand for is going to fall apart real soon
I want to stop having sad, scary, ridiculous dreams
I want pathetic, scared people to walk their sad, disfigured bodies up to me and apologize
I want them to beg for a second chance, to explain how good times used to be
and put some god damn feeling in it.

This isn't Shakespeare, damn you, this isn't a stage
anyone can learn to act
but no one should have to learn to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment