Thursday, November 18, 2010

Words

Words can start battles
they can create love
or hate.
they can fill things in
or scatter your world into a thousand pieces.
words can end the best things
or in the end, you'll think back on the words someone said.
when you were young, everyone said things to or about you
but when you're young you have selective hearing
and you only hear what makes you happy.
tones of voices can also effect what people say.
I remember a few things that made me happy when I heard them as a kid.
"its summertime!"
Katie Pedersens voice
my brothers laugh
and
"MY OH MY! IT'S A GRAND SALAMI! GOOD BYE, BASEBALL!!"
that voice will forever be the one that gets my adrenaline pumping
my eyes watering
and my mouth craving pizza and pop.

We love you, Dave Niehaus

No comments:

Post a Comment