Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Maybe one day I'll return
Happier.
What you saw that night wasn't the old me
It was the new side
The side of giving up
Letting loose all that shit you held me to.
I'm not the girl you first met
I'm more confused than I've ever been
And I understand that now.
You're not the person that I first met either
You're quieter
Stronger
And more afraid of showing a weakness.

She's a disaster with a drink in her hand
A raging mistake with tattoos of proof
And they laugh at the way she holds herself
When her blood is running clear.
Beware the alcohol
For the words you say will be forgotten
The laughter you cause will be out of spite
The affection shared - titled in vein.

You'll hate yourself to the very end
Until the bridge is looking higher each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment