Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It's something close to breaking glass

but only it's flesh and bones.
It's wanting to turn around and run back
just to hear their laugh and see them again
just to sit down and waste time.
But I hate wasted time.
Right now, that's what I'm doing
wanting to sprint to you and tell you I'm sorry and I was wrong
but I'm not sorry
and I was right to do this.
I need to change
but baby, so do you
but you might never realise it.
You might just roll your eyes
and stab with your tongue
(it's what you do best)
and make me drown in words you wont let me get out.
This battle shouldn't be happening, but it is
I don't know how, or when, or if we will resume
but I do know you are an amazing person...
and we all have battles
and we all need to rethink strategies
not just build more armor.

No comments:

Post a Comment